If you’re considering dyeing your hair with Manic Panic hair dye, you probably have a lot of questions. How long does Manic Panic last? What is the fading process like? Is it damaging to your hair?
We’re here with the answer all of those questions and more. Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about Manic Panic hair color so you can decide if it’s the right hair dye for you.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 How Long Does Manic Panic Last?
- 2 What is Manic Panic?
- 3 Does Manic Panic fully wash out?
- 4 Is Manic Panic damaging to your hair?
- 5 Watch and learn: Manic Panic hair dye tips and tricks.
- 6 How to make Manic Panic hair dye last longer
- 7 Fading your color
- 8 Manic Panic Semi-Permanent Hair Color
- 9 Parting words
How Long Does Manic Panic Last?
When used correctly, Manic Panic can last anywhere from four to six weeks.
However, there are a few things that can affect how long your color will last. These include:
- The type of Manic Panic you use: There are three different types of Manic Panic hair color—Classic, Amplified, and High Voltage. The Classic formula is the most fade-resistant, while the Amplified and High Voltage formulas will begin to fade after about four weeks.
- The condition of your hair: If your hair is damaged or porous, your color will fade more quickly.
- If your hair is bleached or over-processed: this will also affect how it can hold onto vibrant hues – so expect Creamtone™ and pastel shades (like blue steel) to last 2 – 3 weeks max.
- How often you wash your hair: The more often you wash your hair, the faster your color will fade. Try to only wash your hair two or three times per week to keep your color looking fresh for as long as possible.
- How you care for your hair: Be sure to use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner to prevent your color from fading too quickly. You should also avoid heat styling tools whenever possible.
What is Manic Panic?
Manic Panic is a direct dye like Arctic Fox, which means it doesn’t require any developer or hydrogen peroxide to work.
You can simply apply it to your hair and wait for the color to develop. It’s known for its long-lasting hair color. In fact, some say it lasts longer than any other semi-permanent hair color on the market.
Does Manic Panic fully wash out?
The fading process usually starts around the four-week mark, but some people find that their color lasts even longer.
Eventually, all hair color will fade and Manic Panic is no different. However, the good news is that it fades gradually over time so you’ll still have plenty of time to enjoy your new color before it’s gone.
Looking after your hair is key to making your color last. Be sure to use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner, avoid washing your hair too often, and use heat styling tools sparingly.
Is Manic Panic damaging to your hair?
No, Manic Panic is not damaging to your hair. In fact, it’s actually one of the gentler hair dyes on the market.
The dye is made with natural ingredients like plant extracts and vegetable dyes. It doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals or ammonia, so it’s gentle enough for even the most sensitive scalps.
Of course, as with all hair dyes, there is a small risk of allergic reaction. Be sure to do a patch test beforehand to ensure you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients.
Watch and learn: Manic Panic hair dye tips and tricks.
Here’s a great video that shows you the best way to dye your hair with Manic Panic to get the best results.
How to make Manic Panic hair dye last longer
The key to making your hair color last for longer is proper application and aftercare.
In addition to following the instructions on the package and using sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner, there are a few other things you can do to make Manic Panic last longer.
First, avoid washing your hair too often. Every time you wash your hair, some of the color will fade. So if you want your color to last as long as possible, wash your hair no more than once or twice a week.
Additionally, try not to use heat styling tools too often. Heat styling can also cause color loss, so if you can air dry or let your hair air dry partially before using a blow dryer, that will help prolong the life of your color. And also use a heat protecting spray before you do.
Finally, if you start to notice that your color is fading more quickly than usual, consider using a color-safe dry shampoo in between washes to help extend the life of your color.
Fading your color
When you’re ready to say goodbye to your hair color, there are a few ways to fade it out.
One way is to simply wait for it to fade on its own over the course of a few weeks.
Another way is to use a clarifying shampoo or color removal kit designed specifically for removing semi-permanent hair color.
We do not recommended using bleach or any other harsh chemicals to remove Manic Panic as they can damage your hair.
Remember, Manic Panic is a semi-permanent hair color, so it will eventually fade whatever you do.
But with proper application and aftercare, you can enjoy your new color for weeks or even months.
Now that you know all about Manic Panic, are you ready to try it out? Just remember to use it safely and responsibly, and enjoy your new hair color!