Kerastase for coloured hair or Color Wow Color Security conditioner? Which one wins top of the hair smoothing heroes?
Regularly conditioning your coloured hair helps to keep the colour locked in and your hair in great condition in between colourings.
Good coloured hair conditioners nourish and fortify your hair to give it extra strength to withstand the heat styling, UV rays and the various processing procedures we put it through to keep us looking on trend and fabulous.
Which has the winning formula?
In Best conditioners for coloured hair , we reviewed the best ones on the market today and let you decide which would work best for you hair.
Now, in the HEAD to HEAD series, we compare two favourites like-for-like to see which is ultimately giving our coloured tresses the most consistently beautiful results.
Stand by for Kerastase Reflection Fondant Chromatique vs Color WOW Color Security Conditioner for Coloured Hair.
Who will prove to be the best of the coloured barnet loving conditioners? Read on!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn on qualifying purchases.
Color WOW Color Security Conditioner.
Soft and shiny hair without feeling heavy.
Color Wow Color Security Conditioner surprised us Kerastase fan girls in coming out tops as the best conditioner for coloured hair in this battle. The results were better as our hair felt lighter and not at all weighed down. Great value and quality for money.
Kerastase Reflection Fondant Chromatique.
- Kérastase Conditioner Reflection Fondant Chromatique is enriched with ‘chelators’ – small molecules that bind very tightly to to your colour particles to lock them in.
- With added UV Filters and Vitamin E, this conditioner helps fight the factors responsible for colour fading.
- The conditioner’s innovative Système Capture Advanced helps neutralise external aggressors like heat and wetness that can disturb colour.
“This makes my hair feel like silk and is a tidy price too. I also use the matching shampoo. I’ve got fine hair so can’t have anything too heavy or I look like a dull mess. This makes my hair feel really moisturised and happy!”
“My hairdresser recommended this coloured hair conditioner and they use this themselves at home which is always a good sign. I have a bob so don’t need a lot and for the price it works perfectly.”
No top ten hair ANYTHING list is complete without Kerastase. Combine this with Kerastase Reflection Bain Chromatique Riche Shampoo and you’ll really notice your colour pop.
This is a long time fave of ours after having people give us lots of hair compliments when we use it – and who doesn’t love those!
- Great smell
- Softer, silkier hair
- Made our colour shinier and more vibrant looking
- Works really well with Kerastase Reflection Bain Chromatique Riche.
- Felt like you needed to use a lot of product on thicker hair
- The product descriptions can be confusing in this range
- Tube feels small – almost travel size.
Overall rating: 8.5/10
COLOR WOW Color Security Conditioner.
- The ideal partner to Color Security Shampoo.
- This Conditioner has eight translucent conditioning agents to add shimmer, shine and moisture to your colour-treated hair.
- Together with the Color Security Shampoo, it’s a powerful defender against tangled, rough, and chemically-compromised hair.
Average 4.5 stars.
“What they say is true about this product. I also use the root touch up and my trips to the hairdresser are really stretched out now!”
“My colour definitely seems to pop more after I use this. I’ve recommended it to my friends every time they’ve commented on my hair looking good. It’s worth investing in great products if your investing in colouring your hair.”
This specially formulated conditioner is from the people that brought us COLOUR WOW Root Cover Up – and wow, they really care about our coloured hair. we tried the one for THICK HAIR which is quite rich and may weigh down finer manes, so make sure you pick the right one for your hair type. We’re yet to try their shampoo but maybe now we will.
- Color Wow are experts in color hair care, so you feel your hair is in good hands with their products.
- Great results, especially along with the Color Wow Security shampoo.
- ‘Fine-to-Normal’, a lightweight, anti-flattening formula for fine/thin colour-treated hair.
- ‘Normal-to-Thick’, a smoothing, cuticle-sealing formula for normal, coarse or curly colour-treated hair.
- No parabens or waxy ingredients that can dull the hair.
- Available in two formulas.
- Also a smallish tube but bigger than the Kerastase one. Make these bigger people!
- That’s it!
Overall rating: 9.5/10
Color Wow Color Security Conditioner.
Soft and shiny hair without feeling heavy.
Color Wow Color Security Conditioner surprised us Kerastase fan girls in coming out tops. The results were better as our hair felt lighter and not at all weighed down. Great value and quality for money.