Whether it’s permanent or semi-permanent, your colour is temporary and will fade with time. How long it lasts depends on how you treat it in the days and weeks after it’s beautified your hair. So, Bumble and Bumble Color Minded or Label M Colorstay – which one is the best of the best coloured hair shampoos?
In Best shampoos for coloured hair, we reviewed the best shampoos for coloured hair on the market today and let you decide which would work best for you hair.
Which coloured hair shampoo is best for you?
Now, in the HEAD to HEAD series, we compare two of our favourites like-for-like to see which coloured hair shampoo will ultimately give you the most consistently beautiful results.
Stand by for Bumble and Bumble Color Minded Shampoo vs Label M Color Stay Shampoo.
Who will cleanse our tresses and prove to be the best of the coloured lock loving shampoos? Read on!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn on qualifying purchases.
This brand is a rising trend at the moment and we can see why. Bumble and Bumble color minded is a shampoo that is super super mild, cruelty-free and contains no nasties that will strip your colour, yet it has the best results of any shampoo we tried. We only needed to wash our hair once for it to feel really clean – so we used less product which more than makes up for the pricey cost. The hairdressers favourite wins!
- Bumble and Bumble Color minded is an ultra-mild, sulfate free shampoo that protects color integrity and stops your colour washing out.
- It cleanses by removing any dulling build-up that can make your hair appear lifeless.
- Its natural ingredients mean it doesn’t strip hair of natural oils.
- Prolongs colour’s vibrancy and maintains colour brilliance.
- Color Minded Shampoo contains the color preserving complex to help minimize fading effects.
Average 4.5 stars.
“I have thanked my hairdresser for recommending this a thousand times! I do feel that I see her less often because this looks after my colour so well. It’s not cheap, but a little really does go a long way. I’m really happy with the results.”
“This does the job of preserving the hair colour really well. It’s sulphate free so it’s not sucking the goodness out of my hair like other shampoos.”
“The Bumble and Bumble Color Minded Shampoo is a revelation. It keeps my red hair red, which is the hardest colour to maintain. I feel like I”ve been looking for this shampoo all my life!”
The Bumble and Bumble Color Minded Shampoo is one that’s ideal for all hair types and one for those with fine hair as its super super gentle. It’s pricey but worth it if you want to make the most of your hair colour.
It’s quite thick and creamy as a shampoo goes, but it lathers well so you only really need a small amount. It only took one wash and rinse to make our hair feel squeaky clean. It smells fresh but subtle so it’s not overpowering.
Big thumbs up on this one from hairdressers too who think it is the best shampoo for coloured hair as it contains no nasty sulphates that strip your colour and dry your hair.
Team it with the Bumble and Bumble Color Minded Conditioner for the best results.
- A little goes a long way
- Works for all types of hair
- Kept colour lustre for weeks
- Hairdressers recommend it
- Cruelty and sulphate-free
- Label M Colour Stay Shampoo boasts an expert blend of Wheat and Soy Proteins, Hydrolysed Silk, and Sunflower extracts.
- It is designed to seal and protect your colour thanks to something called ‘Heliogenol’ that combats colour fading.
- It also has invented the Enviroshield Complex which means your hair is also protected against heat styling and UV rays.
Average 4.5 stars.
“I’ve been using this shampoo for years and find it does indeed extend my time between hairdresser visits. My hair is always really glossy and I get people commenting on how glossy it looks.”
“My hairdresser uses this one in the salon and I was surprised it was one I could easily get myself. She says it’s the best shampoo for coloured hair to use at home. It’s great value really happy with my purchase.”
“This is the fifth time I’ve bought this and I love it! I was having trouble with hair dye not taking well to my hair and my hairdresser said this would create any build up so the dye could be absorbed. She was right!”
We gave this a go after falling in love with Label M’s Protein Spray check it out here Label M Protein Spray Like the spray, it transforms your bathroom into a luxurious spa experience with it’s relaxing notes of jasmine and vanilla. It moisturised our hair really well and didn’t make it feel weighed down.
It also didn’t foam up too much but left no residue in our hair. Our hair felt salon clean and shiny. Colour felt vibrant for longer.
- Smells lush
- Moisturised and nourished our hair
- Hair felt super clean and shiny
- Brightened our colour
- Great value for money
- Contains more chemically active ingredients than Bumble and Bumble which means colour will fade quicker with this one.
OVERALL RATING: 8.5/10
This brand is a rising trend at the moment and we can see why. It’s shampoo is super super mild, cruelty-free and contains no nasties that will strip your colour, yet it has the best results of any shampoo we tried. We only needed to wash our hair once for it to feel really clean – so we used less product which more than makes up for the pricey cost. The hairdressers favourite wins!