This year’s must-have hair shade, bronde hair, is off the scale. It’s this year’s biggest hair trend and we’re head over heels in love with the sassy blonde-brown mix.
Whether you want to go for soft caramel hues or enhance your natural color with some light and shade, there are so many ways to make this hairstyle happen for you.
If you’re a fan of this sassy look then this blog post has everything you need. From what it means to get the perfect blonde-brown blend, to how to maintain this style with ease.
We’ve also compiled our favorite looks to inspire your next hair adventure. So let’s get going!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Bronde Hair Color?
- 2 Why Bronde Hair is the Trend of the Year.
- 3 8 On-Trend Ways to Wear Bronde Hair.
- 4 #1 Classic Face-Framing Bronde
- 5 #2 Hazelnut Bronde Waves
- 6 #3 Sleek Ash Bronde Bob
- 7 #4 Honey Bronde Balayage
- 8 #5 Bronde with Chunky Highlights
- 9 #6 Caramel Bronde Shag
- 10 #7 Dirty Bronde with Soft Underlights
- 11 #8 Platinum Bronde Pixie
- 12 Is bronde hair cool or warm?
- 13 Will bronde hair color suit me?
- 14 What hair color suits me?
- 15 How do you make Bronde hair?
- 16 TOP TIPS
- 17 Transitioning from Brown to Bronde.
- 18 What is the difference between bronde and balayage?
- 19 What is Bronding?
- 20 Can I get bronde hair at home?
- 21 TOP PICK!
- 22 Loreal Preference Glam Bronde.
- 23 How to bronde your hair color at home.
- 24 Watch and learn: How to go Bronde at home.
- 25 How long will bronde hair color last?
- 26 How to care for bronde hair.
- 27 Can I get bronde hair extensions?
- 28 Parting words
What is Bronde Hair Color?
The Appeal of Bronde
This style stands out for its subtlety and natural look.
Unlike the stark contrasts of traditional highlights or lowlights, bronde offers a soft, sun-kissed vibe. It’s a low-maintenance color that avoids the frequent salon visits usually needed for roots upkeep.
Versatility and Style
Bronde hair is incredibly versatile. It suits everyone, complementing all skin tones and matching any outfit. With its effortless, grown-out look, it’s perfect for those seeking a no-fuss, stylish hair color.
One of the best parts about bronde hair is its ease of upkeep. If you’re looking for a color that doesn’t require constant touch-ups, bronde is the way to go. It’s ideal for someone who wants a great look without the hassle of regular salon visits.
Why Choose Bronde?
Bronde is for everyone wanting the richness of brunette with the lightness of blonde. It’s a win-win: versatile, stylish, and easy to maintain.
Whether you’re after a natural effect or something more defined, bronde hair is your perfect choice.
Check out the latest looks over on our Bronde Hair Pinterest board for ideas and inspiration.
Why Bronde Hair is the Trend of the Year.
Why is everyone talking about bronde hair this year? It’s simple: bronde hair is the epitome of natural elegance and style flexibility, perfectly capturing the current mood in fashion and beauty.
This year, there’s a significant shift towards more natural, effortless looks, and bronde hair fits this bill beautifully.
It combines the warmth of brunette with the vibrancy of blonde, offering a balanced, sun-kissed look that’s both chic and low-maintenance.
“Bronde hair; one of the most covetable colours out there, counting the likes of J-Lo and Jessica Alba as fans. This is one look that works in every season and with all manner of techniques, whether bronde balayage, bronde ombre or all-over bronde is the look you’re going for. To make the look even softer, try a subtle ombre – also known as sombre – technique to give your client an even more natural looking mane.”Wella Professionals
8 On-Trend Ways to Wear Bronde Hair.
Ready to switch up your style with the hottest hair color trend? Let’s explore these fabulous styles and find your perfect bronde match.
Remember, these styles are not just for admiring – take your favorite look to your stylist and they can help recreate the perfect bronde for you.
#1 Classic Face-Framing Bronde
Classic Face-Framing Bronde is a timeless style that uses lighter bronde highlights around the face to brighten your complexion.
It’s perfect for adding a subtle, sun-kissed glow to your look. This style works wonders for all face shapes, accentuating your features gently.
#2 Hazelnut Bronde Waves
Ahhh the rich depths of Hazelnut Bronde.
This shade blends medium blonde, dark brown, and light gold tones for an indulgent, multi-dimensional look. It’s particularly stunning on wavy hair, where the varied tones create a lively, dynamic appearance. Ideal for those who love a bit of depth in their hair color.
#3 Sleek Ash Bronde Bob
For a more contemporary twist, try the Sleek Ash Bronde Bob. This cooler shade of bronde, with hints of ashy blonde, gives a chic and sophisticated look.
The sleek bob cut makes it a fantastic choice for round and heart-shaped faces, offering a modern and stylish edge.
#4 Honey Bronde Balayage
Embrace the warmth with Honey Bronde Balayage. This style features a delicious blend of honey and light brown tones, creating a natural and soft transition from dark to light.
It’s especially flattering for warmer skin tones and adds a luminous, healthy-looking radiance to your hair.
#5 Bronde with Chunky Highlights
Make a bold statement with Bronde with Chunky Highlights.
This edgy take on bronde uses thicker, more pronounced blonde highlights to create a striking contrast. It’s a great way to add texture and volume, perfect for those looking to make their hair the centerpiece of their style.
#6 Caramel Bronde Shag
Go retro with the Caramel Bronde Shag. This shade of bronde infused with caramel tones is all about creating movement and texture.
The shag cut, with its layers and fringe, complements this color perfectly, offering a playful, carefree vibe suitable for oval and square face shapes.
#7 Dirty Bronde with Soft Underlights
For a subtle yet impactful look, choose Dirty Bronde with Soft Underlights.
This style features softer, more muted shades of bronde underneath the top layer of hair. It creates a beautiful, understated depth, particularly noticeable when your hair moves. It’s an excellent choice for those who prefer a less-is-more approach.
#8 Platinum Bronde Pixie
Finally, for the daring souls, the Platinum Bronde Pixie is a showstopper.
This style mixes platinum blonde with light bronde tones, cut into a chic pixie that highlights the face beautifully. It’s a bold, fashion-forward look, perfect for those who love to stand out and experiment with their hair.
Is bronde hair cool or warm?
Since this is a mix of blonde and brunette colors, in theory, you can combine whatever blonde and brunette tones you want!
That means you can get the perfect hair color for your skin tone whether your undertones are cool or warm.
- Cool tones sit well with brown and blonde shades that have ashy undertones – such as ash brown, natural brown and mushroom blonde.
- Warm tones suit golds like honey blonde and copper, as these warm tones will really enhance your skin tone.
Use our checklist to find out if you have cool or warm skin tones.
If you have cool undertones:
- Your skin tone is pink or pale.
- You blush easily!
- Jewel and pastel colors are so your thing.
- The color yellow washes you out and does not look good on you.
- You have blue not green veins in your wrist.
- Pearls and silver jewellery look awesome on you.
If you have warm undertones:
- You have red or golden tones in your natural hair.
- Your skin tone is golden, tan or olive.
- You might have freckles.
- You have green not blue veins in your wrist.
- You suit bright or rich shades better.
- Gold jewellery looks awesome on you.
Will bronde hair color suit me?
The quest for the perfect hair color can be a long one. Some are looking for something bold, while others are just trying to find the right shade that will suit them best.
This new hybrid of brunette and blonde has been taking over Instagram feeds everywhere because it’s so versatile and flattering on every skin tone. It’s subtle enough to still be considered natural but also gives off major warmth too.
It’s a style that suits anyone, all you have to do is choose the right mix of blonde and brown shades to suit you. Here’s how:
- 1) Take a photo of your natural hair color– don’t use filters or add any other colors.
- 2) Compare it with photos online like on our Bronde collection Pinterest board and make a decision based on what looks most like your base color.
- 3) If you’re unsure, ask your hairdresser about their opinion when they next visit you- they’ll have seen plenty of clients come through who’ve wanted to know whether this look would work for them too!
Or you can find out which hair color suits you, by taking our quick quiz!
What hair color suits me?
Bronde hair is a striking blend of brunette and blonde that’s both sassy and sophisticated. Achieving this look can vary from balayage highlights to ombré dyeing or even a full bleaching process. Here’s a simplified guide:
- Balayage Method: Start by selecting two shades of blonde – a lighter ashy tone and a darker honey-brown. Apply using the balayage technique for a natural, dimensional effect.
- Ombré Technique: This method involves graduating from your natural hair color at the roots to a lighter bronde towards the ends, creating a seamless transition.
- Bleaching for Bronde: For those wanting a more dramatic change, bleaching may be necessary, especially if starting with a darker base color.
- Start with Your Base: Consider your natural hair color as the foundation. Add highlights to lighten or lowlights for a deeper tone.
- Contrast and Dimension: Aim for a contrast between roots and ends for depth. Lowlights can enrich the brown tones.
- Warm It Up: Enhance warmth by adding highlights over a darker base. This adds dimension and a natural warmth to your hair.
- Tone It Down: Use a toner to soften any harsh root contrasts. This can balance out the overall look.
Transitioning from Brown to Bronde.
If you’re ready for the full-on bronde, try taking it one level at a time.
Here’s some practical advice to follow to get your brunette locks transformed into bronde beauty:
For cool tones:
Try an ash brown color first, which is a common shade for brunettes. It cools off natural red undertones in hair and lightens up your overall look. You can opt for an ‘ashier’ shade if you want more of a greyish tint instead of caramel brown tone.
Then try golden blonde highlights on top of the ash shade to gradually lighten and warm up your look.
For warm tones:
First, lift your brunette locks with warm golden hues that are closer to yellow rather than orange or honey brown colors, which can make you look sallow or ill. Then ease into cooler blonde tints for more dimension and depth.
What is the difference between bronde and balayage?
Sometimes, the difference between these two styles is difficult to distinguish. However, when it comes to hair color, there are some key differences that set them apart.
Let’s start with how they came about:
Bronde was created by a celebrity hairstylist who wanted a natural-looking blonde shade for brunettes or dark blondes so they wouldn’t have to deal with fussy lightening techniques like bleaching and toning.
It’s a hair color trend that has been gaining popularity over the past few years. The name of this hair color actually originated from “brunette” and “blonde.” It refers to a mixture of the two hair color types, which comes out as a lighter brown with hint of blonde or golden highlights.
Balayage is an elegant French word meaning “to sweep away” and refers to the freehand painting of highlights on strands of hair using bleach without any measurable pattern.
It’s an art technique for highlighting hair using a freehand method, usually involving gradual transitions from one shade to another.
And while bronde is often done on medium-brown base colors, balayages can be on any base color – even black!
What is Bronding?
The art of bronding, is a process which involves dyeing your hair from brown to blonde. This is not an easy task and may take some time for you to get the color perfectly done.
The root color of your hair will usually be a brunette or dark shade. The mid to ends are heavily lightened until they achieve a warm, golden-blonde tone.
Sometimes called “ombre”, “balayage” or “sombre”, this is one of the most popular hair colors to be had at the moment.
It is a great solution for those who don’t want to do both their roots and their highlights, but still want a lighter highlighted look, without it being so drastic.
Can I get bronde hair at home?
You betcha. You can get this beautiful look at home by using a kit from our favorite brand, L’Oreal Paris. There’s been an explosion in DIY hair dyeing lately and this Bronding kit is one of the easiest to get this look at home.
To start off with, we recommend doing a patch test on your wrist about 24 hours before applying it to your hair. That way, if there is an allergic reaction or any other issues come up, they’ll be easier to spot and prevent further damage.
You can also do a strand test to make sure the color you’ll achieve is the one your heart desires.
Follow the instructions on the box carefully and watch the video below to get your look bang on.
Loreal Preference Glam Bronde.
This is a kit that you can use to create freehand highlights in your hair. We tried it with hair that was mid-brown to dark.
The set includes a small bronding brush that allows you to choose how much solution goes on your hair.
The color is wonderful, and just one application was enough to slightly boost our previously dyed colour. This turned out a touch more golden than we’d hoped. We’re thrilled with how it appears after a few washes too.
- Gorgeous, Rich Color
- Easy Application
- Professional Results
- Long-Lasting Shade
- Prevents Brassiness
- Pleasant Scent
- No Damage to Hair
- Grey Coverage
- Soft and Shiny Hair
- Pungent Odor
- Runny Consistency
- Risk of Staining
- Not Beginner-Friendly
How to bronde your hair color at home.
Maybe you’re wondering if you can achieve this hair color on your own. You might be surprised to find out that it’s actually really easy to do at home, and we have some top tips for you:
- Tip 1: Invest in a good hair dye kit. There are several brands on the market but before buying anything, make sure to read reviews and see what other customers had to say about a certain product or brand. It’s always best to get advice from people who’ve tried it themselves!
- Our top pick for beginners is the L’Oreal glam bronding kit but you may feel brave or experienced enough to try mixing hair dye colors yourself at home.
- Tip 2: Use any permanent colors first because they last much longer than temporary colors.
- Tip 3: Alternate between light brown and blonde shades until you reach the desired color.
Watch and learn: How to go Bronde at home.
Here’s a great video tutorial that guides you through how to get the Bronde technique right at home using our top recommended bronding kit.
How long will bronde hair color last?
Bronde hair is a low maintenance look but it will eventually fade over time. It usually takes about 2-3 months before you need another retouch.
No bad thing!
How to care for bronde hair.
The absolute best thing about this low key effortless look is just that – it’s effortless.
It looks fabulous with dark roots and you can go much longer in between top ups then with blonde highlights or balayage styles.
Once a week, use a good deep conditioner to restore moisture and elasticity to your hair.
And always follow the best advice in How to look after colored hair and keep it luscious for longer.
Can I get bronde hair extensions?
If you’re still not sure if you can make it, fake it!
These extensions can add caramel colored, honey blonde tendrills to an already brunette base.
They’re made from human hair and can be easily washed and styled. If you want to test the water without dyeing your hair, these are for you.
LaaVoo U-Tip Remy Hair Extensions
So now you know everything about the beautiful bronde trend, whether it’s for your next style or not.
Whether you’re looking to go lighter or darker with your locks, this is a great way to spice up any look and give yourself an edgy new vibe!
From using hair extensions and blonde highlights for added oomph- remember to make sure not to over process your hair with too many chemicals or heat treatments!
Found your perfect shade? We’d love to see it! Tag us on Instagram @colouredhaircare or Facebook and share your hair dye success stories. Looking for more hair care tips? Check out How to Look After Colored Hair: 11 Expert Secrets For Long-Lasting Color.