If you have blonde hair and are looking for a new way to style your hair on the daily, this post is for you. It’s time to ditch the old-fashioned, all-over blonde look of yore. With so many options out there in terms of colour combos, shades and streaks (some subtle, some not!), it’s easy to find something that will suit your needs. You might just be wondering: “How do I get blonde hair with pink highlights?” Well… read on!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn on qualifying purchases.
- 1 What is blonde hair with pink highlights?
- 2 How do I get the blonde hair with pink highlights look?
- 3 Which pink colour will suit me?
- 4 Take the quiz!
- 5 Can I get the blonde with pink highlights look at home?
- 6 Best pink hair dye at a glance.
- 7 TOP PICK!
- 8 Manic Panic High Voltage Colour Hair Dye, Fuschia Shock
What is blonde hair with pink highlights?
Okay, so the first thing you should know is that blonde hair with pink highlights looks great.
The reason why it’s a hot trend right now among many women of all ages is because refreshes your colour in a simple way and brings out the natural beauty in anyone.
It’s playful, it’s fun, it’s a subtle look that still turns heads. Check out the latest looks for ideas and inspiration.
How do I get the blonde hair with pink highlights look?
Blonde hair with pink highlights can be tricky depending on how you want the highlights to be.
It’s important that you have a picture of what the end result will look like that you can take to your salon or follow yourself.
Take a look at our blonde hair with pink highlights Pinterest board to find the right blend of style and colour for you.
Which pink colour will suit me?
Making the magic of this look work means picking the right pink to suit you. Finding the right colour pink depends on:
- The shade of blonde you are now
- What kind of highlights you’re thinking about – all over, streaks, at the front, babylights, ombre etc.
- Whether you have warm or cool undertones
The good news is, there’s a shade of pink for every skin tone. If you want to know to add pink to your life, you need to start with your knowing your undertones- are you cool or warm?
You can use our checklist to see find out which undertone you are.
If you have warm undertones:
- You have red or golden undertones in your hair.
- Your skin tone will be golden, tan or olive.
- You have green veins in your wrist.
- You suit bright or rich shades.
- You probably have freckles.
- Gold jewellery looks awesome on you.
Choose warm pinks like pretty pastels like lilac, neon pinks and bold, hot pinks.
If you have cool undertones:
- Your skin tone is pink or pale.
- You prefer wearing jewel and pastel colours.
- The colour yellow does not look good on you.
- You have blue veins in your wrist.
- Pearls and silver jewellery look awesome on you.
Choose cool, richer colour pinks like Deep rose, fuschia, dusty pink and ravishing raspberry.
Take the quiz!
If you’re not sure if you have warm or cool undertones or what kind of colours are best for you, you can take our quiz to get some fabulous hair colour ideas!
Just click on the image below to find out what hair colours suit you!
You can also try on some virtual hair colours with the Best hair colour changing apps you need to use in 2021!
Can I get the blonde with pink highlights look at home?
If you already have a blonde base, you can add pink using temporary or more permanent dyes.
Temporary hair dyes like hair chalks are great for experiment with colour and trying out new looks without commitment.
Semi-permanent and permanent dyes – will give you a more permanent pop of colour if you’re sure it’s the right look for you.
The success of these are all in the application so you need to be confident to DIY.
There are loads of pink hair dyes in every hue that you can use to paint that perfect pink onto your hair.
You can read more about the pink hair dyes we recommend in our best pink hair dye reviews.
Best pink hair dye at a glance.
Manic Panic High Voltage Colour Hair Dye, Fuschia Shock
Best for: Super bright pink.
We love Manic Panic colours – they are vegan, vibrant, comparatively long lasting, and totally hardcore. You can’t beat Manic Panic for colour vibracy and coverage and this colour is no exception.
This one is super bright and lasted on our bleached blonde hair for a little over a month. Like all dyes, darker, non-bleached hair will definitely produce a darker colour that will fade faster.
The only downside is that the colours are prone to colour-bleeding and can mark your clothes even after the first wash.
Pros of this look
- It’s easy to manage and grows out well
- It brightens your face
- It suits all skin tones
- It doesn’t damage your hair like all-over hair dye
- No need to bleach your hair (unless you are brunette or darker)
Cons of this look
- Pink is a colour that can fade quickly
- You have to be careful to match your base colour to the right pink
- The wrong pink could look orange
So if you’re looking for a new style, you can’t go wrong with the trend of blonde hair with pink highlights.
It’s a great way to add some oomph and pizzazz to your look!